What are facials?
Facials are skincare treatments for the face and usually include steam, exfoliation, extraction, creams, lotions, facial masks and a massage. These popular medispa treatments are an easy, effective way to improve your skin health. At Calgary MediSpa we can also use facials to treat specific skin conditions, such as wrinkles, redness and sun damage.
What are the benefits of facials?
· They help reduce the impact of sun exposure, incorrect product use, smoking and other environmental factors on the skin.*
· They help reduce stress.* While stress is quickly rising to number in the premature aging process, it can also act as a trigger for rosacea, shorten the life span of your skin cells, and aggravate acne & other skin inflammations.
· During your facial, we will recommend appropriate skincare for home use to help you continue the benefits of our facial and correct ongoing skin care issues.
Facials are a transformative experience. During your session, you will feel relaxed and pampered and afterward your skin will feel amazing. As the seasons change, you can continue to reap the benefits of a facial. At a minimum, you should receive a facial treatment four times per year, as the seasons change. Regular facials are the key to smooth, clear and radiant skin throughout the year!
What are chemical peels?
Chemical peels use chemical solutions to improve the overall texture and tone of the skin. They work by removing the outermost layer of the skin to promote the creation of a healthy, new layer. Specific chemical solutions induce controlled injuries to the skin in order for the body to naturally repair itself. Once the old layer of skin peels off, the new layer should be smoother, clearer and less wrinkled.*
What are the different types of peels?
There are three different types of chemical peels:
1. Superficial peels: Alpha-hydroxy acid or another mild acid is used to penetrate and gently exfoliate only the outer layer of skin. The treatment is used to improve the appearance of mild skin discoloration and rough skin, and refresh the face, neck, chest or hands.*
2. Medium peels: Glycolic or trichloroacetic acid is applied to penetrate the outer and middle layers of skin to remove damaged skin cells. The treatment is used to improve age spots, fine lines and wrinkles, freckles and moderate skin discoloration.* It also can be used to smooth rough skin and treat some precancerous skin growths.*
3. Deep peels: Trichloroacetic acid or phenol is applied to deeply penetrate the middle layer of skin to remove damaged skin cells. The treatment removes moderate lines, age spots, freckles and shallow scars.* Patients will see a dramatic improvement in skin appearance.* The procedure is used on the face and only can be performed once.
What can I expect from the results?
The results with facials are usually seen in the days following your appointment. After the initial redness fades, you will begin to notice smoother, healthier skin.* With chemical peels, your results are seen after the old layer of skin peels off. Superficial peels see quicker effects, but medium and deep peels provide more dramatic results. With deeper peels, it can take months for you to see your desired results.*
* Individual results may vary; not a guarantee.
Available now until June 30th!
Call (403) 879-1257 for more info.