“Our nutrition and weight loss program is customized for you – whether it is to fine tune your diet, help with a medical concern or achieve a specific goal.”
What is dietary consulting?
A good dietary consultation shouldn’t feel like a lecture about what you should be doing, and you shouldn’t feel as though you’re being judged or scolded on your eating habits. The consults are designed to help you live a healthy lifestyle; they are tailored to fit your unique nutrition needs.
Some common topics of a dietary consultation are:
- Eating on a budget
- Healthy eating
- Meal planning
- Nutrition in the prevention and management of specific health concerns/ conditions
- Prenatal nutrition
- Weight management
- Eating disorders
Top 10 reasons why consulting with an RD can benefit you
- You have diabetes, cardiovascular problems or high blood pressure. An RD serves as an integral part of your health care team by helping you safely change your eating plan without compromising taste or nutrition.
- You are thinking of having or have had gastric bypass surgery. Since your stomach can only manage small servings, it’s a challenge to get the right amount of nutrients in your body. An RD will work with you and your physician to develop an eating plan for your new needs.
- You have digestive problems. A registered dietitian will work with your physician to help fine-tune your diet so you are not aggravating your condition with fried foods, too much caffeine or carbonation.
- You’re pregnant or trying to get pregnant. A registered dietitian can help make sure you get nutrients like folate, especially during the first three months of pregnancy, lowering your newborn’s risk for neural tube or spinal cord defects.
- You need guidance and confidence for breastfeeding your baby. A registered dietitian can help make sure you’re getting enough iron, vitamin D, fluoride and B vitamins for you and your little one.
- Your teenager has issues with food and eating healthfully. A registered dietitian can assist with eating disorders like anorexia, bulimia and overweight issues.
- You need to gain or lose weight. A registered dietitian can suggest additional calorie sources for healthy weight gain or a restricted-calorie eating plan plus regular physical activity for weight loss while still eating all your favorite foods.
- You’re caring for an aging parent. A registered dietitian can help with food or drug interaction, proper hydration, special diets for hypertension and changing taste buds as you age.
- You want to eat smarter. A registered dietitian can help you sort through misinformation; learn how to read labels at the supermarket; discover that healthy cooking is inexpensive, learn how to eat out without ruining your eating plan and how to resist workplace temptations.
- You want to improve your performance in sports. A registered dietitian can help you set goals to achieve results — whether you’re running a marathon, skiing or jogging with your dog.
Book Weight loss management & Dietary Consultation in Calgary
Schedule a consultation at Calgary Medispa to learn more about our weight loss management & dietary consulting program. You can book your appointment online using the form below, or you can reach us by phone at (403) 879-1257.