Traditional liposuction requires an invasive procedure to remove fat from areas such as the abdomen, thighs, neck, and arms. But there’s another way to achieve slimmer body areas: noninvasive VelaShape contours the body without scalpels and anesthesia.* Read on to learn the answer to “what is VelaShape” and to find out if it’s right for you.
What is VelaShape?
Velashape, a noninvasive body shaping treatment, offers a quick, noninvasive fix for stubborn cellulite—those areas that refuse to look smooth and toned despite countless kale salads and trips to the gym.* It works by combining five different technologies to give you smoother-looking, less dimpled skin.* The treatment uses:
- Bipolar Radiofrequency
- Infrared light
- Vacuum Suction
- Mechanical massage
How does VelaShape work?
Once the device is placed against the skin, it uses vacuum technology to suction against the skin and massage rollers to knead the treatment area. The other technologies also go to work:
- Bipolar Radio-frequency energy penetrates the fat cells in approximate 10-15mm depth and temporarily perforate their membranes, causing the fat cells to release fatty acids, glycerol, and water into the body and then shrink.* The process can also boost collagen production, skin tightening, lifting and smoothing skin to help soften the appearance of cellulite.*
- Infrared ray light(IR)— Natural infrared light powers your cells. These photons of natural, therapeutic light produce a chemical reaction in the mitochondria of your cells that boosts energy production and regeneration. This accelerates body detoxification; eliminate excess fatty acids, adjust PH value of body while facilitating lactic acid metabolism and expulsion, naturally, through the lymphatic drainage system.*
- Vacuum Suction—initiate regular negative pressure; similar to a deep heat massage; promotes lymphatic drainage, decrease the volume of fat cells. improve cellulite and expel excess fatty acids.*
- Mechanical Massage roller– This embarks on four directions of rotations. These include forward rotation, backward rotation, inward rotation, and outward rotation, respectively. This mechanism breaks up adipose/fat tissue while enhancing new collagen.
- LED–690nm red light is for anti-aging and anti-inflammation which can stimulate subcutaneous tissue to a depth of 8-10mm. It has been proven effective for a wide range of healing and rejuvenating uses including anti-aging, & regrowth, pain relief, and much more.* It is a 100% natural therapy with zero side effects
How many treatments do I need to see results?
Most clients can see results after three sessions, but 4–6 weekly treatment sessions are recommended for optimal results.* Each VelaShape session takes about 30 minutes.
What areas can be treated?
It is intended to treat stubborn dimpled areas under the chin, on the arms, thighs, buttocks, love handles, flank and/or abdomen.*
Is this invasive?
No, this treatment is not invasive.
Am I eligible to use VelaShape?
Our MD will determine if you’re eligible for the treatment. But generally, you must meet the following:
- Exhibit signs of cellulite around the limbs or in the pelvic/abdomen region
- Not be diagnosed with diabetes, or be susceptible to blood clots
If you are pregnant or have a defibrillator or a pacemaker, approval from your doctor will likely be required.
What happens during a Velashape treatment?
During the treatment, you’ll lie on a padded table while the doctor or our trained aesthetician places the handheld applicator against your skin. You’ll feel a suction sensation while IL light heats the targeted area and RF energy spreads the heat evenly, speeding the action and protecting your skin from overheating.“The combination of the IR and vacuum coupled with RF technologies causes deep heating of the connective tissue, which in return stimulates collagen.
At the end of a procedure, you should feel like you’ve had a vigorous hot massage.* Your skin should be pink and warm to the touch.* You should need no time off work, and you should be able to continue your usual routine without interruption—just wait until the next day to go back to the gym.*
How long do results last?
Since VelaShape only shrinks and does not destroy fat cells, a balanced diet with routine weight loss management program with our staff nutritionist is the only way to ensure lasting results.* Those who take in more calories than they burn will see their improvement start to decrease over time.*
Book VelaShape in Calgary
If you have stubborn body fat that you’d like to reduce, schedule a consultation at Calgary Medispa. You can book your appointment online or you can reach us by phone at (403) 879-1257.